Some introductory background on interpolating B-splines and their construction can be
einspline is written in standard C
conforming to the C99 standard. To install it, you will need a
compiler which supports this standard. It uses
autoconf/automake/libtool for installation, but these are not required
to build the library. The following is a quick set of instructions
for installing einspline.
- Download the source from here .
- Unpack the tarball with a command such as
tar xvpzf einspline-0.5.tar.gz
- cd to the einspline root directory.
- Automatically configure for your machine by running the
- For more configuration options run:
For example, to configure the library to be installed in your
home directory (such as on a supercomputer where you do not
have root access), run
- To take maximum advantage of SSE instructions, configure
- To utilize software prefetch (in some routines) use
"--enable-prefetch". This improves speed significantly
on some processors and hurts on others.
- Build the library with
- Finally, install the library with
libbspline organizes spline routines into two groups: those which are
specified on a uniform grid (or multidimensional mesh), and those on
nonuniform grids. The uniform versions of the routines are documented
below, followed by the nonuniform versions.
FORTRAN 77 interface
This interface has not yet been coded.